About Stanislaus 2030
We envision - and commit to build - a high-performing, diverse economy to match our multi-cultural lifestyles and dreams for the future.
We will create pathways for Stanislaus residents to achieve economic mobility by building an economy that is diverse, inclusive, connected, vibrant and sustainable.
Why Create an Investment Plan?
CLARITY: Articulate a future vision and reach agreement on priority projects that will transform our economy.
OPPORTUNITY: Maximize public, private and philanthropic investments to fund our highest priority plans.
ENGAGEMENT & CONSENSUS: Seek community input and build resident engagement throughout the process.
COMPETITION: Other states and regions use joint planning rooted in data & market analysis as a competitive strength.
IMPROVE OUR ODDS: Collaborate and take an 'ecosystem' approach to build a shock-proof economy.
ADDRESS GAPS: Address gaps in economic infrastructure that reverse history of disinvestment.
What are the Desired Outcomes?
POPULATION SCALE INVESTMENT AGENDA BASED ON:
▪ Understanding larger market forces & future trends
▪ Current & future state of Stanislaus economy
▪ Knowledge of demographic shifts
▪ Authentic community input
BUSINESS PLANS FOR EACH PRIORITY INVESTMENT AREA:
▪ Business plans with investable strategies and tactics owned by local stakeholders.
▪ Funding and policy aligned with business plans.
▪ Business plans are executed, and performance reported regularly to partners and public.
▪ Examples of priority investment areas are workforce development, digital and built infrastructure, building new industries, neighborhood revitalization.
The process being used is a sprint, designed to focus the energy and attention of participants in our community towards delivering a joint strategy and investment plan by summer 2022.